Ruby is full of it lately. And she knows it. The last little bit she has been telling me "stop it" quite a lot as well as "hold you" or "hold you, momma" or "hold you hand" or "hold you dance." She requests "treats" all the time. Sometimes I believe it is because she is actually hungry and wants lunch or whatever the upcoming meal might be. Sometimes though, if I ask her if she would like lunch or a snack, she will throw her little body on the closest pillow and put her little face in her hands and give me this short lived mini-fit (often complete with tears) and then request "treat, treat please" again.
She is off the charts girly and often Parker and I don't know where she gets it from. She loves anyone who has bracelets or necklaces or rings and will show them to her. She loves anything that might possibly be a purse even though I very rarely carry one with me. She loves "lip" (lipstick or chapstick) and "cheek" (blush) and is super obsessed with painting her toes. She asks me to paint her toes regularly. A few days ago she asked me to paint them purple and then handed me the green and informed me she wanted a "green heart." What??? How did she even know that? I think she just thought of a shape when she saw the color because we tend to talk about colors and shapes at the same time, but it took me by surprise. I told her we don't put green on our toes (always had this strange fungus this in my mind) but asked her if she wanted a pink heart to which she affirmatively nodded and said "mmm." And she sat there still enough for me to paint a heart on her (tiny) big toe! She loves dancing and baby dolls and bows and princesses. She is just 100% girly.
She loves to "color" and asks to draw almost every day. Usually multiple times a day. She also loves to smell the flowers everyday. More on that to come, though.
The last three or four days she has started answering "no" for everything. Which is super annoying because she knows how to say "yes" and "yep" and "mmhmm" and all sorts of affirmative answers. So we don't know why she is suddently saying "no" all the time instead. Especially when she means yes. But if we ask her if she means yes she will say "yes" when she actually does. Just an extra random step.
On April Fools Day I had a dentist appointment and Ruby knows the front office ladies quite well from our ward and Parker's work and what not, so she got to play with them while I had my teeth cleaned. They gave her these glasses and for some reason I thought it was appropriate for April Fools Day because it's kinda like a trick on her real face. Parker said it wasn't a good April Fools Day joke, but I still think it is for a one year old.
About a week ago she was super snuggly falling to sleep again. I'm not really sure why- I don't think she was feeling sick... but it is hard to know. Anyway, although she's still a great cuddler, she doesn't usually fall asleep in my arms anymore. She does still sleep with her arms above her head and her binky. I'm having mixed thoughts on what to do with her binky and whether I should let her keep it or not before the baby comes. She only has it when she goes to bed or if she happens to get hurt (though yesterday she did find one and wanted to have it most of the afternoon)... but I'm still debating.
She also dances all the time. She'll ask me to turn music on so she can dance. My favorite of her new dance moves are this arabesque type thing and her downward dog. Don't get me wrong- I still love the hands on the hips marching and watching her spin, but these just make me laugh.
She's not very good about eating her vegetables anymore. So we've been trying to sneak them in. What is it about your mom's drink that always tastes better than your own? Even when it's the exact same thing. She also has been asking for "pickles!" lately. And then never likes them. It's so strange.
Some of her favorite things the last little bit are Parker's shoes and being naked. Unfortunately for her, she hasn't figured out how to walk around in the oversized shoes and gets incredibly frustrated by that.
The realities of mom-hood. Sometimes this is what going to the bathroom looks like. She was peeking around the door ever so slowly....
During general conference (more on that to come) I was sorting out some baby things and pulled this toy out. Something about this picture is just a little off... maybe the fact that the baby is a year too big for it!
And for the sake of documenting her hair for those far away- and to keep up with taking pictures of the back of her head- Ruby still has curly, curly hair. The humidity of Texas is definitely a friend to her cute curls.














No comments:
Post a Comment