So... after my month long vacation from the blog, there is no possible way I could compile individual posts with the time I have. But, during said vacation, I did not take a break from taking pictures. Actually, I took a lot more. Newborns will do that to you. And then add a toddler and a mom who doesn't want to have an uneven number of pictures for some very non-logical reason and that equals a lot of pictures.
As a result, I give you this. A total and complete overload of pictures. And hopefully, few words.
Parker and Ruby went on a mini daddy daughter date. They walked to McDonalds to share an ice cream cone. It was a hit.
Ruby has long been obsessed with stickers. She enjoys sticking them on paper and, of course, all over herself.
She loves to make my hair "pretty." Not clothes related, but last week we went shopping for me. Because I'm in that I just had a baby and I hate all my clothes phase... and Ruby was the best. We'd get in the dressing room and she would tell me to "wear" the shirt. When I got it on, she'd push me in front of the "mirror" and tell me I was "cute" and that she liked it. What a sweetheart.
Parker took this of Ruby (and her amazing bedhead). Yep, she's about to pick her nose. Can't believe he took it. But for some reason, I think it is super funny. She loves to tell us about her "boogers." Documentation of real life right here.
Watercoloring.
Eating at the island like a big girl.
Walking in to find this monkey calling for help. She can get up, but can't get down. Also, nothing like a babe in jammies. Melt me. Especially if the jammies are really just oversized t-shirts.
Still crashing after a day of fun. I love her.
This girl loves her daddy. But I'd say the feeling is pretty mutual. Lately they like to play horsie and tiger and have dance parties.
Her shirt says "I'm the best BIG sister." She really is. We'll do an overload of pictures of them together soon. Then you'll know too. Also, she's crazy.
Her room has been in transiton for almost a month. When Parker's parents were here, they helped us pink wall green so we could redo it and make it a room for Zach too. We ordered all of the stuff to finish it, except Ruby's bed apparently broke during delivery and we are still waiting for the new one to come. As soon as it comes, I'll take pictures of the completed room and post that. Her big girl bed mattress did come a couple weeks ago though and she was sooo excited about it. She played "bed" on her bed for quite a while.
One afternoon it was raining, Zach was asleep, and Ruby had wayyy too much energy and needed to get out. But we couldn't leave that day. So instead, she took a bath in the middle of the day and she was being hilarious. She also tip toes all the time...
One morning for breakfast while sipping her green smoothie (agian, with awesome bedhead), Ruby looked at the cup and got way excited proclaiming that "daddy and mommy" were on her cup. You guys. It was Prince Charming and Cinderella. Again, I just love her.
Helping me make some rice krispy treats. Isn't that some sort of right of passage?
Overall, Ruby has been very great transitioning to life as a big sister. Every once in a while though, she has her moments. Moments where she tells whoever isn't holding Zach to "hold it" or "hold her" so she can snuggle the person who is. And she would try to find his bottles to sneak and pretend to drink them. Even though we knew and didn't care if she was pretending that. We had to laugh though, when she wanted her legs up snuggling Parker "like Zachy." Hope she knows that even though she's not the baby anymore, she will always be our baby girl.
Sometimes she gets a little bossy these days. Okay, often she gets a little bossy. She just knows what she likes- nothing wrong with that, right? Anyway, she woke up from her nap on the wrong side of the bed and insisted that I sit right here- on Parker's side of the bed- with her blanket on me while she snuggled. If I moved anywhere else she threw a fit. So we sat.
Sorting Applejacks. In socks. Simple bliss.
We're pretty much back to the swing of things most days so we can go out and play or get to storytime at the library without too much stress on my part. Thank goodness for us all.
This. Grumpy Ruby post nap when Zach was having a hard day and pretty much I was done. And so here she was, her hair a total mess from her nap, binky in her mouth, Zach's blanket on her lap, in the zone watching "Beauty and the Beast" and playing with her hair. Yep.
The other day we went to Chipotle with Parker for lunch and Ruby loved the birds. I couldn't help but think of Cinderella as she was trying to talk to her bird friends in her blue shirt and pigtails. Anyway, she loved them. Everytime they flew away she'd ask where they went. We let her try to "catch" the birds when she was done eating and it was hilarious. If they flew away she would sort of put her hands in fists and growl out of frustration.
She's kinda obsessed with being naked these days. That came out of no where! Sometimes I turn around and then next thing I know she's taken her shirt off.
She has a great imagination and loves her capes. And that smile on the right??? Totally genetic. It's her daddy's 100%. In a world where I am caught up on the blog, that is it's own post with throwback pictures of Parker sporting the same little grin.
She loves to accessorize. She'll pick out her headband or bow and say how "cute!" she is and look at herself in the mirror over and over. If only she'd keep her bows in. We never had any problems with that until recently and it makes me so sad. But I can't fight her because she'll just pull them out and rip her hair out with it... what to do, what to do... Seriously though, I'm open to suggestions.
She pretty much loves dressing up of any kind. We know what to get her for her birthday...
Tracing her body. And her hand.
Yesterday we decided to make this little car while Zachary was sleeping. I liked to watch Ruby color the wheels and thought it was so interesting the colors she was choosing. By the end, she only picked pink. Even as I kept offering a variety of colors. Interesting...
I wish I had more time and could talk about the super funny things she says. Like when we were driving through a drive through and she heard us talking about the roast beef sandwhich so she started saying "BEEF!" Or how she dances like a crazy lady. Or how she is suddenly and competely a two year old without being a two year old and can make a mess of our house within seconds and throw herself on the floor immediately if I tell her something she doesn't like. She's even figured out the "no" and "my" unfortunately. I will, however, take the time eventually to talk about how incredibly sweet she still is. How I melt when she asks if Zach is sad when he cries and how she wants to gently rub his tummy and kiss his forhead (well, and his lips if we don't catch her quick enough) and tell him over and over again that she loves him. I will eventually talk about how when I put her down at night she asks me if I am going to go put Zachy in bed now too and how she asks about him when she wakes up. She is really very amazing and we are so glad she's ours. Still.










































okay yeah this is my second comment but I couldn't help but comment on the fact that she said you and parker were Cinderella and Prince Charming.... I DIE!
ReplyDelete