The personality in this pint sized human is explosive.
I've mentioned it a few times, but Ruby loves to take her clothes off. Every day. By herself. She is two, after all. Anyway, she almost always asks me beforehand if she can "be in my bacon?" She also loves her baby dolls to be bacon. Somedays my patience runs thin on how many times she asks me to get her dolls dressed again.
"That guys cryin' Mom! Where's hands go? Put head up, funny boy! Silly boys!"
She is still so into doing hair since Sara and Coleman brought her that little hair kit. Last week she asked me to straighten her hair... so I did. First time ever.
Ruby, upon waking up from her nap and asking me to hold her, "Stop it, Mom. Stop touching your neck on my hair. Stop touching me."
Making funny faces might be one of her favorite things to do...
When she stubs her toe she says, "Dang it all to Pete!" I also laugh when she says "Ah, fetch!"
This is her go-to spot to sit in the bathtub. Can't say I blame her. I remember fighting over that spot in the bath with my brothers, too.
Whenever she hears a garage opening or closing (we live in an apartment complex, remember?) she says, "Dad's home!!"
She's snuggling less and less just within the last month or two, but when she's in the mood, she's still the very best snuggler.
When I was putting Ruby down for her nap she asked me to hold her like a baby. So I cradled her. Then we had this conversation...
Ruby: Ruby eat?
Me: You want me to feed you?
Ruby: (affirmative nod)
Me: Eww, no that's gross for Ruby. But I fed you like that when you were a tiny baby.
Ruby: And my hair brown?
Me: Yep, it was brown when you were a baby.
Ruby: And Mommy take it away from me.
Me: No, I didn't take it away, it just turned blonde.
Ruby: Daddy take it away from me?
Me: No, Daddy didn't take it either. This same hair (touching her hair) just turned blonde.
Ruby: I take it away. (while pretending to pull her hair out)
... Obviously someone must have taken her brown hair away
![]() |
| Crying because she can't find her baby. Who also happens to be bacon currently. |
![]() |
| Crying because she got in, but she can't get out... |
She wanted to paint my nails. This was her first ever attempt. Gotta say I was pretty impressed. She didn't even drip.
I'm washing her hair out while she's in the bath and she starts singing... Takes me a few seconds to realize exactly what. Then I know. #TheLittleMermaid #arielhair
She loves to help me bake and/or cook. Every night when we are making dinner she asks to either sit on the counter or pull a chair up. She does this little shoulder shrug regularly. She also asks "-kay?" quite frequently.
She thinks it hilarious to have me say "Get it?".... so she can say "Got it!" and I say "Good!"
For some reason she thought it was super funny to snuggle this calculator at our friends' house a couple weeks ago. I had to take a picture. She's the daughter of Laci and Parker. She's bound to have a bit of a nerd in her... Could be funny someday, right?
Ruby sometimes thinks prayers are just a great time to express everything she loves. One particular prayer she prayed for her friends Blink (Lincoln) and Marie to not push and was thankful for chocolate milk and ranch dip.
Although it's been on the decline this last week, she is sooo into mixing concoctions right now.
Me: Ruby, how old do you think Mommy is?
Ruby: Two!
Me: Yeah? And how old is Ruby?
Ruby: Five??
She has strong opinions about what she wants to wear... like these boots and this crown. And on Halloween- even though she'd loved her costume every other day she wore it-- she was totally certain she only wanted to wear a pink shirt and threw two full blown tantrums :)
While we drive, we often listen to the CD Parker recorded. The song Parker wrote for me and sang at our wedding luncheon came on and Ruby immediately started squealing, "That's mom's song, Mommy! That's Mom's song!" I never knew she knew that-- that I had a song or that she could recognize just from the first couple measures.
She could eat an apple every day. To the core. She also is very into stickers and coloring circles.
Ruby: Christmas are coming!
Me: Yeah, Christmas is almost here- after Thanksgiving.
Ruby: Christmas is almost here.
Me: Yeah, it is.
Ruby: I want Christmas a run run run!
Me: You want Christmas to run?
Ruby: Mmmhmmm and hold my hand? Christmas hold my hand?
Me: You want Christmas to hold your hand?
Ruby: Mmmhmmm and I Santa scratch his beard? Say "Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas" to him!
Since Zach is sitting in the front part of the grocery cart, Ruby is in the back now. The first time she was in the back, I was taking the groceries out and saw that she had built the tower below. Pretty creative, I thought! And I was impressed by her symmetry.
(While patting my chest) "Mommy have biiiiig tummies. And Ruby have little tummy!"
![]() |
| She looooves blowing raspberries on Zach's belly |
"Mom!! I love my Dadddddddy! I love Zach!"
We love this little girl with the BIG personality too.
































aw... I teared up a little reading this. SO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you.
Deletethis is so so precious! I want to talk to this little cutie!!!
ReplyDeleteZ is sooo big!
ReplyDelete