I thought it would be good for a first post to introduce us just a bit. Short versions, I swear. Here goes nothing....
Parker grew up in Salt Lake and went to Skyline High. I grew up in Salt Lake and went to Olympus High. Although we were raised in the same zipcode and shared a lot of the same neighborhood annual traditions, we didn't meet until college. We both attended the University of Utah and loved our experiences there.
What I think you should know about me: I grew up with all brothers and can now say I loved that. I always longed for a sister, but adore my brothers. And my mom is my best friend in part because of my sister-less-ness. I studied child life in college and love to work with children, especially special needs children. My favorite "pre-marriage" experience was playing princess at Disney World. Loved it. I love cafe rio, chocolate peanut butter milkshakes from Shivers, and roses.
What you should know about Parker: He is the oldest of five kids. He is a master guitar player and has an extreme talent for song writing (side note: he just finished recording his first CD and I am sooo excited!) He earned an Honors BS in Economics at the U and has worked in several (all profitable, I might add) start ups since then. He served a mission for our church in Edmonton Canada, but still hates the cold. He loves cafe rio, all ice cream, and talking about "business."
If you understand that about us, you basically understand our "dating story." We met on a blind date. Parker's friend understood Parker was a guy for details so told him plenty about me three weeks before the date. Meanwhile, I had been lined up a lot and decided I needed at least a week to take a break from blind dates. My best friend (who was dating and later married Parker's friend) knew this so instead of asking me if she could line me up, she asked me day of to come help her with a service project. When I showed up at her house she said, "by the way, Taylor is bringing a friend."
The start of a great relationship. Parker knew we were on a date-- it had been planned for weeks (I just didn't know it)-- and so he figured that the dating that followed was in fact a "relationship." I did not know any of this. All I knew was that we had helped at a service project and the biggest stud ever was there and got my digits! I did not think we were dating even though he did. I wanted to, but nothing had been finalized so I didn't think we were. Communication at it's finest.
As you might have guessed, we sorted out the communication thing, but that didn't come without some effort. I knew from day one I wanted to marry Parker. Truly. At the time I was working at a Law Office and went in and told the ladies I worked with that I had met my future husband. Even showed them his facebook profile. A year and a half after we met and (at least one of us would say) started dating, we were married in the Salt Lake temple. Greatest day ever.
Being Parker's wife is a dream come true. He is my Prince Charming in every sense of the word and makes my life a fairy tale every day. We love to travel and eat out (not such a good habit, but tons of fun!) Neither one of us watched TV before we got married, but at some point within the last four years (almost) of marriage, we have become junkies. We watch Grimm, Scandal, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Modern Family, New Girl, The Office... yeah... lots of shows. Maybe if you watch those too, we can be friends.
Highlight of our marriage thus far though, is by far our sweet baby girl, Ruby Marie. Ruby has been a dream baby. And I swear I'm not just saying that because I'm her Mom. We lucked out big time. She has been happy from day one and really just doesn't cry much. She never had her nights and days mixed up. She snuggled as a newborn and still sort of does. Sort of.
Thanks to Parker being such a stud, I am able to stay home with our little lady and I love it. Anyway, that is the super quick run down of us. Hopefully you get to know us better as the blog builds. I totally read people's blogs, but never comment or anything because I think they might think it is strange, but please, PLEASE comment if you want to. I like that sort of thing. Seriously.


I love comments too :) and I love this blog!! I feel like I know you so much better already! I definitely pass the tv challenge, so we can be even better friends. And of course I love ruby so much!!
ReplyDeleteyay! I was really worried about the TV thing... glad that didn't break anything! We miss you guys like crazy!
Delete