Monday, November 4, 2013

More Tending

Last week Parker and I watched another family while their parents were out of town.  Truthfully, this family was a very random hook up.  A family in our ward used to watch their kids when they went out of town but as they have three kids of their own now, they felt like they had too much going on (not to mention not enough car space) so they referred us.  

Wanna hear how small the world is?  Although this family has lived in Texas all their kids lives, the dad went to Olympus and the mom went to Highland.  Parker went to High School with some of their cousins and I went to High School with their other cousins.  

Anyway, we had a good week and the kids were great, but they are sure busy!  They had four kids (ages 15-8) and between the multiple sports per child, music lessons, school (keep in mind Texas schools divide differently-- preschool-4th, 5th-6th, 7th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th-- so everyone went to a different school), and playgroups we were chauffeuring.  A lot.

I was worried a bit before we started because I knew Ruby's second nap at least was just going to be forfeited or have to happen if she would fall asleep while running errands, but she actually did really well.  She loved playing with all the big kids, and, by the time the week was over, could say all of their names (though some clearer than others).  She was my little echo any time I called any of them.  The first night she slept terribly in the pack-n-play in our room... like way bad... but the other nights she figured it out and slept all the way through the nights, thank goodness.  She also learned to climb down stairs the right way during the week so that is a big thing too.  Stairs get a little less scary once that is mastered.  It's a good thing she figured that out too because the stairs were one of her favorite places to hang out.  Go figure...



We had a hail storm one night and I had to attempt to take a picture though this doesn't do it justice.  Texas is notorious for it's hail storms and this was a pretty good one... When Parker and I first moved here we noticed all the cars parked outside in our apartment complex with little pelts all over and were soo glad we had a garage!  We couldn't help but laugh that during this bad hail storm, we didn't have a garage to put our car in... but we haven't noticed any damage so that was lucky!


Although the week wasn't bad at all and the kids were super helpful, Parker and I both feel like we are ready to not be the overnight babysitters anymore... for some reason we thought that would change once Ruby was born, but apparently not.  Either way, we felt lucky to make a little extra money and decided to use it to fly home for Thanksgiving/my birthday!  Can't wait!

They also had an awesome bath.  We both loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment