Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Fun

We're so glad we get weekends.  Aren't they wonderful?  This weekend was no exception.  Here's what we did:

We kicked it off by spontaneously going to dinner at one of our favorite steak places.  Yum!  Although I didn't take any pictures of us there, I did try to snap this quick, hidden one of this guy's incredible mullet.  I  know it's hard to tell, but it's still worth posting.  Just that good.


Ruby is to the age now where we actually order her food... We substituted broccoli for the french fries they always seem to serve with kids meals though and she loved that!  Seriously, they probably brought out an entire head of broccoli for our baby girl.  And she ate it.  All.  And lots of bread, part of my steak, and one of her mini corndogs.  Silly girl.  We are sure glad she loves broccoli though!

Saturday we did a quick pick up of our house (already totally needing to be cleaned again while I sit her and blog during Ruby's nap... sign) watched Grimm (naturally), and then headed to the park for a picnic and games with four other young families/couples from our ward.  We were lucky that it warmed back up!  Last week it was in the early 30's but by Saturday we were back to the 80's.  Oh, Texas.  Anyway, we stayed far longer at the park than we thought we would, but had a great time.  For the record, the girls beat the boys at Catch Phrase.  

All the fun tuckered Ruby right out.


Check out those lucious lips!

Then, that night, we decided to do something with Ruby that we had never done before... we decided to take her to a movie! At a movie theater.  Yep.  Our thirteen month old baby.

Naturally when you take a wiggly baby to a movie theater, you are fully prepared to leave if you need to.

But... we didn't need to.  Despicable Me 2 held her attention amazingly well.  The entire time.  The only time she made any sound was about half way through when we decided she needed a break from the screen and turned her away.




Also noteworthy, Ruby can frequently be found shirtless or with food in her hair at home :$  Sort of just the result of eating.  Anyway, she has gotten way in to making "silly faces."  Her favorite silly face is hard to explain, but she sort of clenches her firsts and jaw and opens her eyes wide and sort of just vibrates her head, if that makes sense.  And she thinks its so funny that she can't do it without laughing.  Go figure.

Although blurry, most accurate because you can tell she is moving


At church we had a little moment in Sunday school where Ruby crawled over to two other babies- one a month older than her and one a few months younger- and decided their toys were far superior to anything we had in our bag and that she needed them.  Both of the other babies had older siblings and so, although Ruby didn't take anything directly out of their hands, as she started accumulating their toys and hiding them behind her (yes, behind her) I knew we were in trouble.  Clearly she doesn't have to share at home.  Heaven help us.

She redeemed herself though, during the closing prayer.  I just cant help it.  I think she is way too cute folding her little arms and bowing her head.  What a doll.  



That night Parker's cute cousin MaryAnn came over for dinner and it was pretty delicious if I do say so myself.  Ruby put on an incredible and hilarious show for us too so that was a pretty good way to end the weekend.

We were sad this morning when we had to say goodbye to Parker as he went back to work...  It sure is fun waving "bye bye" and blowing kisses and saying "I la you" though.  Even after he is way out the door.


Is it Friday yet?  Parker said it best this morning when he said we've almost reached the "weekend of the year" and he can tell.  I can too.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I need to check your blog more often! I love the pictures, so adorable and like hearing about what's going on. Love you!

    ReplyDelete