Ruby loved story time at our local library. A lot. We always tried to go once or twice a week and every time it is the same... the same silly songs, one book read aloud all together, two new songs, one book read individually, parachute time (where the moms move a colored parachute up and down while music plays), and then the closing song. This particular group is for babies birth-15 months. They are taking a break for the holidays and so, when it starts again in January, Ruby will be too old. Sigh. Unless we stretch it until she is 16 months, I suppose. Anyway, by the end of our story time days, Ruby had the songs down. She would go sit in the middle of the circle and do the actions and sometimes sort of sing.
This day in particular, the entire group was all girls right around Ruby's age. That never happens! During the last song, Ruby decided she wanted to go wave to people outside the classroom again and got several of the other girls to follow suite. It actually was pretty funny. I really felt like I was watching Ruby be the gang leader in whatever game they thought they were playing. Sure love our little girl.
As I've mentioned plenty of times, Ruby loves the bath. About a month ago we were playing when all of the sudden she just crawled away, dragging her phone with her. I watched to see where she was going and she showed up right her. "Bath! bath!" she begged... such a funny girl.
It's been too long now and I can't remember why I took these pictures, but I still think they are pretty sweet. I also think she looks an awful lot like her daddy in them.
Ever the sass. Ruby is pretty good about posing for pictures when you ask her to say "cheeese." When I asked this day, she put her heand up on her cheek which made my totally laugh. So although she's smiling in the picture, she also has a slight look of "what the heck are you laughing at, Mom?" going on.
Twinning with cute Marie, more affectionately called "-Rie" areound these parts. Marie came over to play one morning while her parents were at the temple. She showed up in her jammies, but when I looked in her bag and saw she had this outfit, how could I resist having Ruby match. These girls soooo love eachother. Although most of the time it is parallel play, it is so fun watching them together.
Especially exhausted after some outing. I mean, just totally out.
Couldn't resist taking a picture of her awesome bedhead yesterday. Or maybe two days ago?
Last year I expected Christmas to be so fun with a tiny baby to lay under the tree. And it was. Ruby loved to see the lights and would stare at them with her eyes so big. This year, I expected to constantly be chasing her around the tree so the ornaments would stay on. I have been totally surprised that has not been the case.
Ruby Marie still loves the tree. Yesterday I was doing laundry and when I came back in the family room, I walked in to see her like this. She had climbed up on the couch and was just looking at the tree. When I asked her what she was doing she said some combination of "tree" and "lights" and "ball" (what she calls the ornaments.) She has taken the "balls" off maybe two or three times and handed them to me, but she seems to really understand that they are supposed to stay on the Christmas tree. I'm constantly impressed by her grasp of vocabulary.
We still need to take her to see Santa, but she also totally knows who he is this year. We have a couple Santa decorations and one book about him and whenever she sees them or happens to think of that, she will tell us "Santa" or "ho ho." I'm still 50/50 on if she will actually like seeing Santa in real life or not...
Sure love this girl beyond measure.






No comments:
Post a Comment