Friday, December 6, 2013

Twenty Five

I had a birthday.  And Parker totally spoiled me.  But he isn't so great about taking pictures...

When we woke up the day after Thanksgiving (pretty early because Ruby never got off Texas time), my family was gone black Friday shopping.  Parker had ordered some gifts to his cute mom's house (pre-wrapped and everything) so we hung out in bed opening presents.

I really wanted new measuring cups and teaspoons as I could barely tell what our old ones said anymore.  So he got me those, a potato masher (that I have been talking about wanting since we got married), a book I wanted, and the blue ray of Les Miserables (which is a big deal and totally only because I wanted it because Parker does not like to buy movies).  I also gave myself a gift by finally ordering the first part of our fourth year of marriage.  Nevermind that the fifth year of marriage is half over.  I'll catch up eventually.


After gifts, Parker, Ruby, and I went to breakfast and then Parker dropped my off to get my hair done.  Yay!!  When he picked me up, we went to his parents house where they had more presents.  So spoiled.  Thanks to them, I have totally completed my Willow Tree Nativity and I absolutely love it.




Next we went to my parents house where we dropped Ruby off so she could play for the afternoon (have we mentioned how much we love the babysitters in Utah??).  My parents knew Parker was taking me shopping for my birthday so they loaded me up with plenty of black Friday coupons and birthday money and the directions that it was to be spent "on me."  Sometimes it's nice to have permission to spend money on yourself...


Parker isn't crazy about shopping, but he doesn't hate it.  Sometimes when we are not shopping for him though, he gets tired and pulls out his phone.  Which bothers me because I'm a total girl and want him to have an opinion.  He was amazing.  He didn't pull out his phone once and completely outlasted me shopping.  I was the one begging for a lunch break (thanks Cafe Rio for the free birthday drink and tres leche!) and ready to go home by the end.

That night we had a small get together at my parents with just a few friends and some of my cousins.  This was the only picture I took from that... and I took it out of tradition sake.  These are my beautiful cousins and we often joke we have rainbow hair (meaning three different colors though not necessarily the same color on the same person).  Anyway, I adore them and am so glad they made the trek from Provo to stop by!


When I was working in Disney World I had a friend who was 25 (which totally sounded so old at the time and I almost couldn't believe I had a friend that old!) and joked that she wasn't going to have any more birthdays, just anniversaries of her 25th birthday.  I must say though, I think twenty five will be a good year.  Even if it is the first year that seems a bit older...

1 comment:

  1. I am honored to have made this post. :) Glad we got to come, if only for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete