Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ruby Randoms

Just about every single afternoon, Ruby and I make our way out to the patio where she loves to "color" with "chalk" or "paint" with water or blow bubbles.  Or sometimes all of the above.  We also make sure to water our flowers at this time.  I love to see her be so creative.  She mostly draws straight lines, but she will insist on telling Parker and I things to draw... favorite instructions include circles, hearts, stars, "sunshine," flowers, or her name.  If I ask her how to sepell her name, she can tell me "R-U-B-Y"  which is pretty cute.  Sometimes though, we have to repeat whatever letter she just said in order for her to continue spelling it for us.



A couple weeks ago, she also had this obsession with sitting up at the computer.  It has since passed, but she would beg me "please... plllleasssse. Up. Up" until I finally let her sit her for a couple minutes.


She also recently started a bit of an obsession with the toilet.  She regularly tells me she needs to sit on the toilet.  She has never actually gone to the bathroom on the toilet, but we've had a few accidents where the second I take her down, she runs away and hides and well... you can guess the rest.  She definitely is beginning to understand what's happening.  So we bought this little princess toilet for when we are ready to really start potty training.  We're not going to start until after the baby is here and after our summer travels- but she's at least thinking about it.  And for the record, she's not touching the toilet water.  She's just pointing to it and talking about flushing the water down.


Lately she is into "hiding" before she takes her bath in the morning.  Very sneaky, Ruby Marie... very sneaky.


Like most girls in the world, she is still obsessing over "Frozen."  Possibly now than ever before since we just got it at Easter time.  She mimics all of Elsa's movements during "Let it Go."  Melts my heart.  No pun intended.


She still loves her "party" but has gotten a little more OCD about it than she was before.  We used to be able to mix and match the colors- which I thought was sort of fun.  But now, Ruby is pretty certain the colors need to match.  Which is good for different developmental stages so it's fine, but it always makes me laugh when I mix the plates and cups up on her and she immediately fixes them.



Ruby also has a thing for the missionaries.  She always has.  Parker took this picture at our ward party, but by the time he got his phone out, she was walking away.  She had been chatting and smiling away to the elder in the yellow tie.  I just wanted to include this so we could remember this phase of her life.  She loves when we have them over for dinner.  I think she thinks the audience is just for her.


Errands are so much better when we can stop and play in the "bus" for a minute.


Love, love, love our park days!  Ruby is at such a fun age to love everything about the park.  And, lucky for us, the best time for the park is now-- before it gets too hot in Texas and before the bigger kids get out of school for the summer.  This particular day at the park, Ruby fell down and bit her tongue.  This was the second time I have ever seen her bleed.  It only lasted a second- seriously- but it took me by surprise.  She has been getting more and more... I don't know if clumsy is the right word... but dangerous to herself.  Last Sunday she fell three times!  Three!  Three times where I thought she might get a bruise or something.  That never happens.  Fortunately, only one of the falls left a slight bruise for like one day, but it is definitely a different, crazier phase of life around here.




She does this regularly.  Nothing like yoga in the morning, I suppose.  I actually think she could almost do a somersault if I could show her how.  But I'm nine months too pregnant to teach her right now so she'll have to wait.  Still makes me laugh though.


When Marie was at our house, Parker was noticing she would play with the pretend phone by looking at it and pretending to text... Ruby plays with pretend phones (and my phone) in two ways.  First, by saying "hello" and pretending to have a conversation and secondly, but saying "picture... cheeeese."  Yep, sounds about right.  She's really got the modeling behavior thing down.


I saw someone post on instagram about how they still take pictures of their sleeping baby who just turned one... I still take pictures of my sleeping baby, too.  And she's closer to two than she is to one.  But really, is there anything more innocent?  I think I'll take pictures of her sleeping forever.  Like that creepy mom in "Love You Forever."


Maybe not as picture perfect innocent,
but hilarious when she falls asleep while eating.
The other day, we were painting Ruby's toes... again... and I told her we could paint her finger nails too.  I don't know that she got it until we did it, but she was so excited.  She would tell strangers about her "purple" or "yellow" or "green" nails.  We're still working on colors around these parts.


Love our little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment