Monday, May 12, 2014

You and Me

We're down to the wire.  Swollen feet.  Insomnia.  Aching muscles.  And, naturally, a lot of worry and nerves about going into labor, delivering a human being, naming said human being, and bringing that same baby home to be a part of our family and trying to explain to our other little human being that he is going to stay and we are going to take care of him and love him just as much as we love her.  But he doesn't replace her in anyway.  Oh, man.

I actually feel pretty good the last part of pregnancy compared to how I think most people feel.  My conclusion for this is that I just get so big, I hold the baby away from my body so it just doesn't hurt me in quite the same way.  And bonus since I am so big, I've still been able to avoid stretch marks thus far!  But I think I still have a lot of the same worries that any mom would have.

I don't expect the baby to come super early.  Truth be told, I don't have any expectations of when he'll come at all with the exception of at least by May 30th.  But, since it is one of those things we can't predict, and since are in the "anytime" zone, Parker and I are taking advantage of our dates.


Last Friday he asked me where I wanted to go to dinner and since I'm really boring, all I wanted was Red Robin.  What a nice man to take me there.  He even split a milkshake with me... yum!  We also went to see "The Amazing Spiderman 2" and it was so nice to enjoy a long date out.  Just my boyfriend and me.

1 comment:

  1. this was such a sweet post. i loved it. maybe because i can relate to it so well. and maybe because i just want to go on a date to red robin and go to a movie. it sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete