She raised (and is raising) seven happy and motivated children. She has faithfully written four missionary sons every week for their entire missions, helped with dozens of SBO, Class Officer, and Cheerleader campaigns, and funded and supported thousands of soccer games, piano lessons, and other random sports and instruments as they came up.
She is the best grandma in the world to four beautiful grandchildren who adore her entirely. And who she spoils completely.
She has been an example to me of a beautiful, fun, and often sassy marriage for 2/3 of her life.
She has run two marathons and literally wakes up before the sun to go running every day. She has done this for as long as I can remember, including through her pregnancies. I remember her having to strap on some support band so she could still run in the last trimesters.
She has traveled to tons of states and plenty of countries-- often taking her children with her and never neglecting to teach us how to serve. Not just the actions, but what service and caring really mean.
She was the hottest babe in High School (trust me, weird old men will tell me this if they happen to have known her back in the day) but is the most humble lady I know.
She makes the best playdough and chocolate chip cookies ever. She can also make anything. For real though. The most amazing and talented chef.
She has always been my biggest cheerleader. She is the first person to call when something big happens and the best package sender of all time.
She knows how to have JOY in her life.
My mom is my hero. I really do want to be her when I grow up. She is funny, creative, passionate, a go-getter, and a do-gooder. My mom is as close to perfection as it comes on earth and I am so grateful that she is mine!
PS- Happy Mother's Day, Mom!! XO










That was the sweetest post. Maybe I will just have to start hanging out with your mom since you are away for now :)
ReplyDelete