I love this little girl. So so much. We are never bored with her these days... She is getting more and more opinionated, loud, sassy, busy, and fun.
She is beyond obsessed with shoes. All shoes. Don't know why. She even says "sh sh" when I try to put shoes on her feet for two seconds before she pulls them back off.
She adores the pool and loves to kick her feet in the water everytime we walk past it.
She does "yoga" as Parker calls it all the time... this is how she watches us as we walk about the house.
She is getting really good about moving wherever she wants to go and pretty much has the "army crawl" mastered. She has not figured out how to lift her tummy off the ground, but if we put her in the crawling position, she can hold it for a few seconds by herself.
She remembered recently that she knew how to blow bubbles once upon a time and was doing it all day, every day for about a week. She still does it often. On everything. Just in the air, on her own arm, on our arms, everywhere. She is the raspberry master.
It is about 50/50 that this actually works, but she is starting to lift her own arms up when we play "how big is Ruby?" That's what is happening on the picture below, but I was too close to her to see her arms without me help to lift them...
Other favorite Ruby tricks as of late:
She is starting to talk quite a bit- at least when she is just with me and Parker. Most of the time we are guessing that "baba" means she wants the ball she is reaching for like crazy or that she likes the bubbles we are blowing. So maybe that just happens to be random sounds she is making, but sometimes the words are as clear as day. Parker and I always look at each other in amazment and declare that our baby is a genius. Which, obviously, she is.
The other day at church she had the exact same response every time we pulled our hymn books out and the organ started playing: to yell. Quite loudly. Which she had never done before that. I am pretty sure she was "singing."
The other morning I went to pick her up, and she started fake sneezing at me. Truly. At first I was not sure she knew she was saying "ah-chu!" but when I did it back to her she started giggling and quickly responded with a few more fake sneezes. She will do this all the time and I think it is hilarious.
Unless she is being shy, Ruby will dance and clap on command. We say "dance, dance, dance" and she starts waving her arms like a crazy person with the occasional clap. Mostly when she claps, she does it with both hands in fists.
She smacks her lips together to make the kissy sound. This is her version of "blowing a kiss" but she never puts her hand up to her mouth to actual "blow it." Still though, pretty cute.
We love her.













I MISS RUBY!!!!! I want to see all of her tricks.
ReplyDelete