But first things first, we had to have our traditional heart shaped chocolate chip pancake breakfast. Ruby was thrilled to see chocolate in her pancakes... for breakfast... seriously, could anything be better? She might have a bit of a sweet tooth. It might be genetic.
I was also totally surprised to hear her gush over our little holiday set up when she woke up... even before we added to balloons. As soon as she saw it she was like "oooh" and pointing out the hearts and pictures and everything that isn't normally there. It's sort of fun to watch her see something is different and fun.
I had a doctor appointment that morning so Parker (thankfully, because I had forgotten to get a babysitter!) stayed home with Ruby while I went to make sure our little man is on track. For the record, I'm still in the super short appointment phase, but his heart rate sounded great and everything looks pretty good. My next appointment I have one more ultrasound (unless for some reason he hasn't turned around out of his breech position) and get to do my gestational diabetes test... lucky me. After that our appointments are every two weeks. Pretty crazy how quickly this pregnancy is flying by!
Once I got home, Ruby and I raced out the door to a little Valentines Party get together with some of the kids in our ward. Ruby just loved being one of the big kids now that she can walk around everywhere and totally didn't mind the fact that I was making her miss naptime. She did have her first major fall when she started trying to run on the driveway toward her cute friend Marie who was playing on the slide. Not such a champion runner yet... and she turfed it right on her nose. Fortunately no lasting owies.
Parker came home from work a little bit early so we could make it to the DMV before they closed. Given my tickets, this had become rather urgent on our "to do" list and we wanted to get his new car registered as quickly as possible so he could drive it without worrying too much.
When we got there, the line was winding out the door. And the DMV would be closing in an hour. Yikes. We decided to wait it out. Apparently as long as we could make it inside the building by five, they would let us do whatever we needed.
![]() |
| Waiting in line outside |
At least Ruby was good while we waited at the DMV. Thanks goodness for her current obsession with sunglasses.
After we finally made it home (there's a chance we are totally over the top romantic and stopped at the grocery store to pick up some valentines things- flowers for me from Parker and some balloons and treats for him from me... nothing like true procrastination there. I was floored how busy the store was, particularly in the floral department!), we enlisted Ruby's help and made some heart shaped pizzas for dinner.
She actually was in to patting the dough flat, spreading the pizza sauce, and sprinkling (and eating) the cheese... she's getting too big!
We hung out at home dancing to love songs while we waited for our pizza to cook and Ruby had a special delivery at the door from her secret admirers! I thought she would love the little valentines dragon and devour the chocolate- and she did like the dragon (we still have some of her chocolate hidden away), but she really liked the bag the best! She put it on her arm and said "Purse! bye bye mommy daddy! Love (more like la) you! (Be right) Back!" over and over again. Truthfully, it was so darling.
Still love this man more than I could ever say. What's valentines without a kissy pic. Sometimes you just have to post the love.















No comments:
Post a Comment