In the world of dentistry, there are several fancy organizations for all presitigous dentists to come together in one big group to share ideas and learn from each other. One of those groups is called The Crown Council and was started by Parker's two uncles. Each year they have a big event for all their dental teams to come and learn. The event itself isn't really about dentistry specifically. They bring in speakers on all sorts of topics- the entire thing is very well done and quite the show.
Creatively, it is called "The Annual Event."
Parker has gone as a vendor for a few years and I have- to this point- been able to go with him. Even last year when Ruby was just three months old, we packed her up for her first ever plane ride, flew to Nashville, and spent the weekend talking about Dental Warranty.
We lucked out this year because the event was in Dallas! Lucky for us. Parker and I had planned for me to join him for a couple of the nights, but really weren't planning to bring Ruby. When Parker got there the first day, though, he actually had quite a few people ask him about his daughter.
So Ruby and I went down together the next day and spent the afternoon luring people to the Dental Warranty booth with Ruby's cute-ness. She was just starting to walk better- and insisting on doing it more and more- so she just waddled around enjoying any and all attention and applause she received while Parker and I spoke with dentists and their office managers.
Other than that, Parker and I had two built in date nights. The first was the Smiles for Life benefit concert where, among other performers, we were entertained by Neal McCoy who was absolutely hilarious. The proceeds of this concert actually went to help Cook Children's hospital in Dallas- specifically their Child Life department (which is cool because that is exactly what I studied in college) so they had people from the hospital perform as well. Including one teenage girl who has been in and out of the hospital most of her life. Sometimes I cried. We'll blame it on pregnancy hormones. Anyway, we had a fabulous time.
The second night I joined Parker downtown was for the final awards banquet. People get all sorts of dressed up for this fancy occasion. Parker and I got as dressed up as we do, called it good, and enjoyed the night away. It was also fun to see Parker on stage to draw a winner from their raffle.
We felt lucky to have two real date nights in one week. We also loved that the event was successful for Dental Warranty! That always makes the time spent better.
It's been amazing to watch as Parker has worked to slowly but surely grow this company the last few years. Proud of him.



No comments:
Post a Comment