We went to this park twice when Marie was staying with us, but it gets it's own post because I felt like for Ruby it was a turning point. It was the first time where I felt like I didn't need to direct her where to go/what to play, and I didn't need to follow a few steps behind her in case she fell. She was fine all by herself as long as she could see me.
That seems like a really big deal to me.
Ruby and Marie really didn't play together very much while we were at the park- it was more parallel play focused, but that is healthy for development, too. I'm so glad we had a few beautiful days where we could be outside!
Ruby did follow Marie around for a little bit, but after a few minutes I think she realized she just wasn't fast enough yet to keep up. Plus, Marie wasn't really paying attention at the time...
















No comments:
Post a Comment