That's true. Sometimes I drive him nuts with my never ending... we'll call it sass, but I know he loves me. He really knows how to make my goals and dreams come true.
He gave me flowers when I ran for cheerleader to wish me luck. (And plenty of other times, often for no reason at all. My dad is probably the reason I love flowers so much)
When I wanted to run for Student Body Officer in High School, he not only encouraged me, but decided he had a friend who could help him print these massive pictures of me. Not exaggerating. He was certain that was what I needed to do and truthfully, they were super different than everyone else's and turned out great. Even if I did blush every time I walked past my posters.
He made my Disney World dream come true. Even after I totalled my car the week before I left. He bought a new family car and allowed me to "borrow" it for the summer. He chauffered me down to Florida and gave me the best Daddy Daughter date in the history of all Daddy Daughter Dates. He paid for my entire family to come "see my in action" which meant more to me than I think he or my mom will ever know.
My Dad and Mom were the first to come see me when Ruby was born. At 2:00 in the morning. They even came with food because they guessed I might be hungry. They don't miss a beat.
My Dad has a knack for details. I have learned from him that it is the little things that make something incredible. It's the glass slipper at my wedding. The scary contacts at Halloween. The final touches our our sixth grade medieval castles that only my dad could do. I seriously don't think there is anyone else in the world that would be capable of the things he is.
I love my dad. That's true
Love, Laci Lou
...enter Parker... (inagural post!)
Selected "Great Moments in Fatherhood, No Particular Order" Russell B. Ence:
- Captain Hug, Flying Tent stories
- Dad teaching me how to mow the lawn
- Spring break trip to... Pocatello Idaho?
- Letting me tag along to California and Disneyworld on a work trip
- Letting me tag along to Florida and Universal Studios on a work trip (my first trade show, at age of 14. Almost got kicked off exhibit floor for not being 18. Attempted to sell commercial flooring on dad's behalf while dad was in back of booth)
- Camping trip to Utah mountains at age of 8, just dad and I, first time drinking hot cider, eating oatmeal, and cooking freeze dried food all on a backbacking stove. Thought I was going to die in midnight thunderstorm
- Seeing dad in the bleachers for Wasatch Jr. High volleyball games. We were terrible. Guess he did love me then.
- Coach Ence the Jr. Jazz coach. Moses Moses Moses!
- Dad's letters and emails while I was in Canada, always encouraging, always insightful. Especially the one that said "get to work and don't worry about it" after waking up to the realities of working with missionaries of all attitudes
- Trip to Denver, lunch in some Irish-ish pub type restaurant on St. Patrick's day... Dad's advice led to me realizing what I already knew... that I wanted to marry Laci
- The candy jar, Bishop Ence's office
- My baptism (I remember the water being unexpectantly hot, dad making jokes about conducting a church meeting in a white jumpsuit and barefoot, and being glad that my dad was the one to baptize me
- "Step into my office" - interviews with dad, getting asked about my goals, encouragement
- "Lunch Lady Land!" My Dad's go-to song request when Dylan and I played at Geppetos
- Fill the Ark - what a great cause, community event, and fun place to be. Always proud watching him work to pull things together
Just a few moments of many... what can I say, I have a great Dad! Love you Big Poppa (the name by which you still are known upon the contact list in my iPhone)
Parker
Plus, they're both really amazing Grandpas!



.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment