When it was time to make our way back from Driggs, we stopped at Yellowstone's Bear World. My parents had stoppped there with the other grandkids earlier in the month and it was a hit so they wanted Ruby to see it as well.
I grew up going to Bear World occassionally so I knew what it was, but Parker had only heard mention of it from my family over the years. So, in case you aren't familiar with Bear World, this is the location where Yellowstone put all their bears to help keep the National Park a little less dangerous. You have to stay in your car, but you literally drive through an area where tons of bears are just walking around and sleeping and playing in the water.
| Albino Elk in before we crossed the gate to the bears |
"Walking. Need shoes. Here ya go, Bear (pretend to give bear shoes). Socks. Shoes. Walking."
I don't have any good pictures of the sleeping bears, but Ruby was extra worried about them and had some wise words for them as well "Blanket, binky? Here ya go, go ta sleep. (Again, pretend to give bears said items) Night Night. Binky. Blanket."
After the drive through area, there is a little petting zoo place where you can see (and feed!) the baby cubs and pet goats and deer. I thought watching the cubs run around and play was super cute. Always a sucker for all things baby.
And they had plenty of photo opp- places.
When we made it to the petting zoo part, Parker and I weren't sure how Ruby would respond. She's sometimes extra cautious, to put it lightly.
But I think having her uncles there helped her feel a little bit more brave. She certainly was!
She was totally on one with her words here though... our favorite moments include when she was chewing this goat out because she wanted him to share his little barn: "Share, get out. Push it. Out. My toyn. Share. Please"
Another favorite memory was when she was petting these little goats... and for some reason, a few extra goats decided to run right past her suddenly. She didn't love that. That sounded something close to this: "Goats! Two! I love you. A kiss? A hug? Hug you. Mmmm (her hugging sound).... NO THANK YOU!"
We couldn't help but laugh that even though she was crying and getting a little scared, she still remembered to say "no thank you." Little sweetie.
She cheered up quickly though and was even more excited where she saw there were rides! We still just couldn't believe how brave she was. She rode on the train, and a small little roller coster, and these flying cars, and would have kept going if it wasn't so blasted hot and we would let her.
Definitely a day well spent. Also worth every penny. At least this time round.






















I feel like you guys are always off on a fun adventure! I am loving all of these cute pictures of your family.
ReplyDelete