Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ruby Randoms

Okay, time to be in catch up mode... the next two posts- this one of Ruby and the next of Zachary- are pre Utah trip.  Which means all the pics are about a month old or more.  But I still want to just add them quickly... here goes.  The mostly picture posts continue...

Ruby thinks she's a big girl on the swings now.  I was a little scared.  She was a little eager.



She's been very good at giving directions lately.  She actually does it all the time now, but this was when it was just beginning.  In these pictures I believe she is telling Parker to "sit down" on the pillow
next to her.  We don't really know what she wanted next, but she seemed totally tickled that the words she said got the response she wanted.  Yay for talking!



One day we went shopping.  And we bought Ruby a new swimming suit and cover up, and this backpack for her to wear on the airplane to Utah.  She loved it!  She wore it around all afternoon.  I had to hide it for a couple weeks until we left so she would still be excited about it when it was actually time to fly.


Visiting Daddy at work when Ruby decided to stop and smell the flowers.  Good reminder to me.  Also, she picked her own outfit.  Sometimes it just doesn't matter.


We made peach ice cream on international ice cream day!  Okay, okay, we didn't even know it was international ice cream day until the night was almost over.  We just lucked out on timing.  But the peaches at our local grocery store have been incredible this year and the ice cream was to die for!  100% Ruby approved.


Nobody does bed head like Ruby Marie.  Totally normal post night or nap.



Our once amazing eater has been getting more and more picky on us.  She was crazy picky and a very sparse eater in Utah, but even before she started having strong opinions on the matter.  So I tried this ice cube lunch thing about because people on pinterest swear by it.  Ruby thought it was fun at first, but still only ate about half of it.  I think it's a fun idea and a good way to mix it up, but I'm not totally sold.


Just trying Dad's headphones and being cute.



Sporting her cowgirl boots.  We had about a week where these were the only shoes she wanted to wear.


She's been wanting to read the books by herself lately.  Or, if she lets me read them, I need to be reading them to her baby dolls (affectionately nicknamed "Big," "Tiny," and "Kid/Boy" around these parts).





Speaking of reading, she was highly obsessed with this library book the week before we came to Utah.  I think we read it one hundred times a day those last three days.  Click clack moo.  Click clack moo.  Clickety clack moooooo....



Speaking of library... Ruby always tries to make new friends when we go places.  Often with little boys or girls who are just a few years older than her.  And sometimes, those kids don't really want to play with the baby.  This little girl was melting my heart though.  She had downs syndrome and at first, I thought she wasn't really interested in playing with Ruby, but she ended up being the one to ask Ruby if she wanted to play.  They played for soo long and Ruby was a little bit sad when I told her we needed to go home.  They spent the afternoon baking and chatting and just having a great time.


These sweet girls in our ward area a little bit older, but also always soooo sweet to Ruby.  We love playing with the Campbell girls!  They also have a little boy about two and a half months older than Zach-- score!


Cute as a button all clean after her bath.


Marie and her momma came over one rainy morning to make crafts and watch a movie with us.  We made these fruit loop necklaces.  The girls ate about every other fruit loop, but did pretty good in the end.  They also loved watcing Frozen in the cardboard car and dancing to "Let It Go" and all the other fun songs.  We only made it about halfway through the movie before hunger struck, but we had a fun morning chilling with our buds.



One day I was changing Zach's diaper and walked back into the family room to see Ruby hangin' like this just watching the pictures on our AppleTV.



She's loved hats the last little bit.  Real ones and anything that she can pretend is a hat.  Like her blanket.  Or her shirt.


Pre-Utah, she also had a serious obsession with taking her clothes off.  She's be trying to take her clothes off (and often succeeding) multiple times every day.  Funny for a girl who loves frilly clothes so much.


Once I got super ticked at the Coppell Library (maybe I blogged about it??) because when Zachary was three weeks old I was trying desperately to make it to storytime for Ruby's sake.  But sometimes Zach was a crier.  And sometimes there is construction on the texas turnaround to get to Denton Tap Rd.  And sometimes I am one minute late (thinking I pretty much rock for getting there by 10 am with two dressed and fed babies), but they wouldn't let us in anyway.  It was a  great thing though because due to my "I'm never going to their dumb storytime" attitude, I was able to find the Flower Mound library.  Which is ahhh-mazing!  Their story time is SO age appropriate and just so much better for lots of reasons.  Ruby likes it too.



Running errands with me.  To Babies R Us.  Where they have cool frog cars to ride.  Y'all.  I got the best deals this day!  We're talking hats for 87 cents.  Score!




When we ride in the car, Ruby likes to hold her baby dolls.  All three of her baby dolls.  Fortunately she is really good about leaving them in the car so they don't get lost or dirty.



One day she decided I was a table.  Fancy that!


For her, I would be.



I don't remember what these were from.  But she still loves her brother.  I'd say the feeling is pretty mutual.


We all love our Ruby girl!


We're working on the whole "kiss on the cheek" thing.
It's a work in progress... :$

No comments:

Post a Comment