Parker turned twenty eight last month! Hurray! Why is it that we round up to being "almost thirty" instead of just celebrating the age that he is? Anyway, I've mentioned it before, but Parker's birthday is a very big deal at our house. Actually, I feel like it is setting a standard for all birthdays to be a very big deal at our house. But some part of me is okay with that. Most parts of me are okay with that. Growing up I loved my birthday, we always got to open a present or two and we got to choose what to have for dinner... but this over the top holiday type thing? Sorta fun.
Parker had been out of town the days before his birthday and would be flying back just before dinner... so we sent him pictures every hour of the day he was gone to remind him that we were ready to celebrate!
We loved getting him home! Ruby had been practicing singing "Happy Birthday To You" and sang it very well to him several times... So that was cute. I burned the sweet potatoes... so that wasn't so great. They were still okay though.
He made off with a pretty good haul... some shirts, a cup, some traveling gear, some books and a new water bottle from his parents, cash from my parents, an amazon gift card from his Grammy and Grandpa, and I think his favorite thing, a getaway trip to visit his cousin in Boston the beginning of November. More like Christmas than a birthday...
But we're totally crazy about this (( 1-Hard Working 2-Thoughtful 3-Musically Talented 4-Creative 5-Dedicated 6-Persistent 7-Smart 8-Kind 9-Sincere 10-Funny 11-Rocking Dancer 12-Genuine 13-Stylish 14-Handsome 15-Spiritual 16-Romantic 17-Caring 18-Ambitious 19-Thorough 20-Loyal 21-Loving 22-Family Oriented 23-Silly 24-Sexy 25-Organized 26-Always Learning 27-Goal Oriented 28-Amazing )) guy. Not to mention kinda mysterious ;)
![]() |
| Leftovers the next morning... |
That weekend, we went on a little date to celebrate both Parker's birthday and his success at work.
We went to this Japanese Steak House that looks less than awesome, but actually was super tasty. And I always think the show is fun.
I know I took some pictures of the dinner prepping in action, but I can't find them now so I must have used Parker's phone. Maybe I'll add them some other day if I ever remember... But for now, here's us being in love.
Happy Birthday, baby! So glad you're mine!





















No comments:
Post a Comment