I am a nostalgic person. Always have been. I'm totally fine hearing the same funny stories over and over and I love looking at pictures for hours on end. I remember way too many people's birthdays to the point that it is totally awkward. We're talking people from Kindergarten who I haven't talked to since sixth grade. Jillian (don't even remember her last name- Zina Ashton's friend) and Brady Kuan both have birthdays on January 5th.
Anyway, having a second baby makes me all sorts of nostalgic for when Ruby was a baby. Don't get me wrong, it is totally different- Zachary and Ruby have very unique personalities which I completely love, but indulge me for a minute...
Selfies with my baby takes me back...
Tummy time takes me back...
Watching them play with the same toys is a given...
Watching developmental milestones...
And snuggling after bathtime...
And the chair. The chair takes me back. Especially when the same sort of things happen and my child would rather dive into the chair than sit up straight (Zach at 4 months, Ruby at 5 months).
Experiencing life moments with them for the first time.
And then these perfect little moments- when Zach smiles up at me with the sun shining perfectly on his face and I can't help but immediately recall a similar moment with Ruby.
Or when I see the personality things that they do share (and not all other babies do) like sleeping with their hands above their head.
Or trying their hardest for months to "sit up" in their carseat.
I think they are both pretty wonderful. I love the ways they are the same. And I love the ways that they are different. I am so grateful that they are both mine. I hope they know they are my greatest blessings and bring me infinite amounts of joy.






























Jillian Ethington! (spelling?)
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures so much I could cry. Zach and Ruby are seriously the cutest little babies!!