Monday, October 6, 2014

Craft Time

So... Parker has been traveling more the last couple months than he usually does during the year.  And I miss him, naturally.  But also, it's sort of nice because it gives me a chance to do the sort of things I've been putting off.  Especially the projects that I can leave out because I don't have to clean them up.



Who knows, he's gone until late Saturday night this week so with some luck, I may even catch up on the blog ;)

With the help of my buddies, we made new bulletin board for their room- complete with lace from my great grandma Ruby.



I also made a banner for their room.  I was pretty excited about this one, actually, because it had been quite a while since I pulled out my sewing machine.  And yes, I sew into the early hours of the morning wearing Parker's clothes when he is gone.  And I send him selfies.  The banner even turned out pretty cute, I think.





 Ruby got crafty too!  When we were at the store buying fabric, she saw this little house and wanted it "so bad."  It was $1 so I let her get it...




 During another business trip, we planted Fall flowers on our balcony...



Last week we helped host a baby shower for Ciara...




Lastly, this is not me being crafty- I'm no where near this talented- but my incredible mother-in-law took one of Ruby's blankets and turned it into this beautiful comforter!  Ruby was thrilled to get it on her bed!


 Yay for creative outlets... whatever that might mean.

1 comment:

  1. Their room is soooo cute! You are so talented - teach me your ways :)

    ReplyDelete