Four Months Old! My life without Zachary in it seems like some distant memory long, long ago, but by the same token, I cannot stand that he's as big as he is already! Babies create such a strange time frame.
Zach was so great at his appointment! He definitely cried when he got his shots, but he was happy and smiling the rest of the time. Our cute doctor gave Ruby her "tuyn" as well. Even though she has her own appointment coming up next week...
Zachary's Four Month Stats
Weight: 16 lbs (57%)
Length: 25 inches (34%)
Head Circ: 16.6 inches (63%)
I was actually pretty surprised he was as low in percentiles as he was because everyone always comments to me how big he is when I tell they he's four months old. I think maybe it's just a boy thing because Ruby was the exact same height at four months (making her in the 80% for girls), but only weighed 12 lbs 6 oz. She didn't weigh 16 lbs until she was 9 months old!
Zach is also super sturdy, solid, and strong. He bears weight on his legs great and loves to be standing for as long as we'll let him each day. Someone legitimately asked me if he was walking yet the other day. People are crazy.
At four months Zach loves his fingers and his toes.
He isn't the greatest sleeper, but is doing much better and recently went a five hour stretch for the first time ever! He would sleep great, I'm sure if I let him sleep in bed with me all night long. This is the quickest way to get him to sleep. The head kissing is required. Or else he will just shove his forehead into your chin. I'm sure this will freak some people out, but he is totally a face down kind of sleeper. I'm not comfortable enough with his rolling abilities yet to lay him down on his stomach, but I'm sure that is how he will choose to sleep once he can. He's pretty good about rolling to his side.
I never knew tummy time could be so happy! Zach loves it!
He can roll pretty consistently tummy to back. And he can get to his side from his back. Mostly though, he just spins in circles when he is on his stomach.
He can sit with very little assistance pretty great.
And he's cuter than ever... His eyes are blue, but I think he might have my eye color. They were blue when I was little, but turned green. Sometimes Zach's eye totally look green. Also, he is drolling quite a lot. I think the first stage of teething has hit.
He totally loves this bouncer chair thing. Way more than Ruby ever did. Actually, he loves all toys way more than Ruby ever did. Parker recently admitted that he didn't know why baby toys even existed becuase babies don't even really like them. Wrong. Ruby just didn't without a lot of persuasion.
He loves to bounce on our knees and sing "Zaka" or "Horsey Horsey" or any other knee bouncing song. Parker has gotten some pretty good laughs out of him doing this.
He loves to suck on anything he can! His blankets, his shirts, his ties, his wrist (yes, he's given himself a hickie), my fingers... you name it.
He loves to see himself in the mirror. Though less so the last few days.
He's never been much of a snuggler. He prefers to be held facing out. But in the last little while, as he's become more of a momma's boy and more aware of where I am at all times, he will snuggle more. Though I'm not sure you can call it snuggling. He sort of just jams his face directly into my shoulder. Doesn't look totally comfortable, but whatever. He also sort of just makes a "mmmmm" sounds for a little while as he's falling asleep. It's like his last effort to try to force himself to stay awake. In the car, that is how I know he is almost out.
I love this boy more than I could have ever imagined. He brings me so much joy and I really feel like he made us a family instead of just a couple with a baby. He is the happiest kid ever. When I sit down to do "monthly photo shoots" it literally takes me less than 30 seconds and he looks adorable in every single picture. Hope that lasts! He is the best.
And since I wasn't caught up to blog about his three month old stuff, here are his pictures from then.
Happy Four Months, Zacher! I love you more than I could say!







































No comments:
Post a Comment