Friday, October 10, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

Ruby has aLOT of energy lately.  She talks non-stop on volume: LOUD all day.  The only exception being if we are meeting someone new and she is pretending to be shy for the initial meeting.  She loves to run and loves to dance and spin and make messes and well, she's a toddler.  You get it.  

Anyway, it has become important for us to get out and try to give her lots of ways to use that energy.  The other morning I decided spontaneously that a picnic at the pumpkin patch sounded fun.

So we packed lunches which Ruby helped to carry in her trusted backpack and went to explore.


We saw a lot of fun things...


She walked right up to and said, "Ariel, soo pretty!"



I thought it was cute she wanted to hold their hands.
She also sang the "I Love You, You Love Me" song

Not the most festive outfit, but we'll go back with Parker.  We can dress appropriately then


We liked the bumpy hayride:


 We did not like the scary bounce house:


We really liked getting out of the hot sun!  We were going to eat outside, but seriously... it was such a hot day so the shade wasn't even really helping.  So we went and turned the AC on in the car and had a picnic in the front seat.  Funny because last year at the pumpkin patch it was freezing so we went to get hot chocolate after.



Mission Accomplished:

"Mom, I too tired.  I take a nap on stairs."

2 comments:

  1. haha!! "I take a nap on stairs" i love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I've been to this very pumpkin patch. I have a picture with Maddie and that very Barney. So fun. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete