As our wild and crazy summer of fun continued, we were able
to go on an Ence Family Vacation to Bear Lake… which was absolutely perfect.
Russ and Marg rented the most beautiful cabin right on the
lake for us to stay in. It was seriously
gorgeous. I loved everything about it. And the trip was just as wonderful.
Driving up we saw all these Teslas so we quickly snapped
some pictures for Parker’s sake. Ruby
slept most of the drive up so that was nice for us.
We played lots of games, resulting in some really hilarious
memories.
We spent two days on the beach playing, swimming, relaxing,
eating, and loving the jet skis (thank you, Russ!)
We took it easy at the cabin just hanging out, playing pool,
enjoying the deck and gorgeous view of the lake, and watching movies. During our travels, Ruby got used to
snuggling to sleep… I know, I know, from
the parenting101 view point that is not ideal, but it is what it is, and she’s
the only baby I have to worry about right now so it was fine for us. Anyway, she would do this cute thing where
she would literally hug me around my neck and I loved it.
We went out to eat.
We went to the Pickleville Playhouse (which I would highly
recommend) to see a mellow drama and it was phenomenal. We still quote “Juanito Bandito” all the time
at our house. Ruby loved it too! I knew she was tired and I thought she might
sleep with it, but there was plenty of music and singing (not so typical of all
mellow dramas) and so Ruby wasn’t about to miss that! She was so funny trying to see
everything. The dinner was also sooo
tasty. This really was one of my
favorite things and I would definitely make it a tradition of any future Bear
Lake vacations.
![]() |
| Like Father... |
![]() |
| ...Like Daughter |
We are so glad we were able to be in town so we could be
part of the Ence travels this year—especially since it was the first time in a
long time that everyone was home. We
love having Coleman back!
Thank you, thank you Margaret and Russell for making this fun getaway possible. We love you and loved being with the family!













































Laci, I love bear lake! My family was just up there this past weekend and did all the same great things. Totally loved Juanito. Love bear lake!
ReplyDeleteAh, so fun! Had you seen bandito before?? I couldn't believe he was as old as he was- he has four kids! I could have sworn he was younger than us...
DeleteYeah. We go to Pickleville every year we are up there. I like Bandito best and my parents usually go to the other play they have too. It's great! I know- he looked super young!
DeleteSuch a great tradition!
Delete