Monday, August 19, 2013

Personality


We had a few days at home after we got back from Utah (thank goodness!) and I feel like Ruby’s personality just started bursting at the seams in those three or four days.

See below:


 Eating got increasingly more messy as Ruby insisted on doing everything herself.  She loves to play with her hair so three baths a day became the total norm.


She started standing on the ottoman.  Sometimes better than others.  This time, not so effective.  The footie jammies must have made it hard to move her feet because before I knew it, she was nearly in the splits!


Fits could occur in a second and stop in a second.  Such was the case below when I put Ruby on her chair when she was not in a "picture mood."  This tantrum lasted maybe five seconds.  Just long enough for two pictures and then as soon as I stopped, so did she.  Stink bug.


She loved her toys even more!  It was so funny getting home from Utah the first night because when Ruby and I walked in the door it was late-- way past her bedtime.  I was putting her in her bed and she opened her eyes just long enough to catch a glimpse of her long, lost toys at which point she shook her arms and got really excited as if she wanted to play, and then immediately fell back asleep.

She has started passing the ball and will catch it when you roll it to her.  Which, naturally, she follows with clapping and "yays" as she cheers for herself.  She says "ball" and sort of attempts to say "catch."



She loves both parents and has found prefers us to both be there and, if she can help it, to be touching us both somehow.  If either parent leaves she will let us know that was not her plan.


She's the best snuggle bug ever.  Especially when she is tired or scared.  I secretly love to vacuum because Ruby is sort of afraid of the noise it makes so she is like a little monkey holding onto me the entire time.



She still keeps her feet up whenever we take her in the stroller.  Lounging done right.



 And her hair is amazing.



 She loves to be on Parker's shoulders and will often lean over as if to say "surprise" to me.


I have found her sleeping on her face more and more.


During our few days in Texas, she decided she loves to stand on the ottoman, watch the pictures on our TV (Apple TV in action), listen to music, and dance.  She shakes her head and rocks her little body and it is so funny.  And she's totally serious about it. 






 She's still really sweet too...



 This is probably really bad parenting, but she loves Tangled and reflects the appropriate emotions.  I sometimes turn it on for her while I am doing my hair or makeup in the morning and, although we never watch more than the first two songs, she is sooo into in.  This particular moment was when Flynn Rider is trying to outrun the royal horse, Maximus and the music gets a little intense.


She's still my best bud.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet girl! I love seeing your house in the back of these pictures! It is SOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete