Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Man

Parker is my best friend.  He is the hardest, most thorough worker I know.  He is the most patient person on earth, I'm quite certain.  He is brilliant and so incredibly creative.  He's real.  Parker doesn't put on a show for anyone.  He just is how he is.  Parker is hilarious and makes me laugh all the time.  He is witty and ridiculous and a really good tickler.  He is also super ticklish which also makes me laugh.  Parker soaks in everything he learns and he is constantly seeking education.  He is intuitive.  He is ambitious.  He is considerate and oh, so thoughtful.  He is dreamy as can be.  He is beyond talented and melts me when he plays the guitar or piano or sings to me.  Parker is hot.

If I could design the perfect man- the perfect husband and father- I wouldn't have come close to how good Parker is.  He's better than best.

And I am so blessed he is mine and that I was able to celebrate four blissful years married to him!  Lucky me!


One of our last days in Utah- the last day before Parker left- we were able to leave Ruby overnight (ahh, big step!) with my wonderful mom and go celebrate us for the day.  It really was so, so nice.   My parents also gave us a gift certificate to a nearby Marriot so we didn't even have to pay for a hotel room!  We had cheesecake and Martinelli's the night we got married and for some reason have decided to do that every year since, so we kicked off our anniversary by stuffing our faces and, naturally, watching our wedding video.


 We didn't make any plans for the next day except that we knew we would be gone most of the day... Parker's parents gave us money to use to celebrate our anniversary and we used it well!  We went shopping (he loves me), went to a movie, went to lunch at Paradise Bakery (they just don't have any place like that in Texas), and got our first ever couples massage.  A first, I must add, of many.




I felt bad when I called and scheduled it because I knew it would be sort of expensive and Parker was less than thrilled about it.  Not that I blamed him- the idea of it is pretty strange.  But I really wanted one and figured this was the perfect chance.  So we went.


He's exact words as soon as our massages ended: "That was glorious" with the conclusion that massages have become an anniversary tradition as well.


Even though we celebrated our anniversary already, we couldn't let the actual day go by without acknowledging it...  so Parker made breakfast


... and Ruby and I visited Parker at work since he wasn't going to be able to come home for lunch.  We also brought him this awesome balloon and eclairs (both of which Ruby loved).





She sure makes a good addition to our marriage :)  Parker literally tied the balloon onto his little scooter as he was driving home.  The balloon, I regret to report, did not make it.  It died a quick and sudden death as soon as Parker started driving faster than 10 mph.  But hey, at least it was cute for a minute.


This darling lady in our ward offered to watch Ruby for free so we could enjoy dinner... we went all out!  We went to a delicious steakhouse near our home an although we usually never order appetizers, but we got the yummiest fried lemon zucchini.  Our dinners were pretty tasty too!  Parker took the picture of the zucchini and said, "this is for your dad, he'll appreciate it."  So Dad, that's for you!





I am so grateful to share life with this man.  You really are everything I said and far more, Parker.  Thank you for being truly wonderful.

And I Thought I Loved You Then...




1st Anniversary - 2010

2nd Anniversary - 2011

3rd Anniversary - 2012

4th Anniversary - 2013

6 comments:

  1. That. Was. Sooo. Wonderful. Uh huhuhu. So precious. So dear. You left ruby!! I need to hear how that went. I have never left summer! Give me hope that it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was wayyy hard to leave and I was checking in after almost every activity- I just told my mom it would be hard for me and I needed her to send me lots of pictures haha. It was actually so, so great for Parker and I though! It's great with Ruby too, just different. And sometimes a relationship needs different. We'll be leaving the littles every year... At least once.

      Delete
  2. holy cow! i cant believe it has been 4 years - time goes too fast!! what a fun anniversary! i have to say we became fans of the couples massage on our anniversary too, they are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys. so cute! Happy 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it has been 4 years! Wow!! What a fun anniversary! I'm glad you were able to have a fun date to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete