I have the best memories of the Cinderella Park…
I remember
walking there all the time when I was a little girl, selling undercooked brownies with Ashley Christensen on the Fourth of July, and running around with Jessica Sharp to visit all the game booths. I remember swinging back to back with Matt in the little kid swings and crying because I was too squished sharing the swing.
I remember hanging out there in
Junior High (might have been the first place I ever sluffed to. In ninth grade. During the first part of Dance Co. I made Sara Whip go back after seven minutes because I was scared. I always was the rebellious type.) and I couldn't begin to count the number of hangouts and girls nights that involved the Cinderella Park in some way during High School.
![]() |
| I think this picture is hilarious because it looks like my mom is dumping Ruby out. She's not... Ruby's actually laughing her head off. |
I remember taking the girls I worked with there often and teaching them about the "secret tree." I remember dealing with tantrums and girls hiding in the tunnel. I have so many pictures of them hanging upside down on the old bubble.
It really has been a part of my life in every stage of life. And I really loved each one.
Not to mention I developed an even greater love with Cinderella
in college and thus felt like this park truly was mine.
When they (the city? the Lions Club? Not really sure who "they" is) decided to redo it a few years ago, I was so happy
to hear that they were keeping the Cinderella theme: the pumpkin carriage and
castle weren’t going anywhere!
Naturally, I needed to make sure I took my October Pumpkin
to the Cinderella Park. This was a new stage of life and I was ready for some new memories. My mom and I had
an hour or so and wanted to go, but my dad warned us that it was supposed to
rain really hard and we wouldn’t make it.
We would leave as soon as the rain started, we promised.
As you might have guessed, my dad was right. He usually is. When it started, it really started. We were almost immediately soaking wet. But it was a great memory racing home in the
downpour!
And anything that ends with a bubble bath is a success in my
book!






I can't get over her eyes... They are to die for! So many great memories at this park! (And yes sorry I've commented on almost every post!)
ReplyDelete