I have lots of blog catching up to do-- I always do after we have been out of town-- but this first post is about the night before Ruby and I left to Utah.
And she surprised us again with how big she is getting and how quickly she is growing and learning.
Ruby loves to look at the Christmas tree and she has been incredibly gentle with it. I really feel like she understands what I am asking most of the time and knows that it is for decoration. She had a few favorite ornaments that she loved to point out to us this year over and over-- the "Ho Ho" (referring to both our Candian Santa and our Texas Santa), the Cinderella and Prince Charming, the candy canes and bows, and the Polka Dot "R."
When she would point out the "R" we would often tell her that "R" is the first letter of her name. She surprised us this night though, by spelling her name. Not joking.
"R-U-B-Y"
I tried to make her do it again and got part of it on film, but the first time she said it- totally unprompted- will ring in my ears forever. Once we got to Utah, we tried a few times to get her to say it again. Often we would get a "B-Y" but never quite the same.
She also amazed me this holiday season with her attention to the little things. She loved this Christmas countdown. Every morning she would draw a little something from the bag, look at it for a minute or two, and then ask me to put it in. She caught on to how we "played" with this decoration so quickly.
She's definitely still my baby, but becoming more of a toddler everyday...




No comments:
Post a Comment